Latest DIY Projects : 3 Little PigsDrive BastardMuffRatRollFuzz

From where comes the distortion?

This is the General Discussion Board, use it to post about anything.

From where comes the distortion?

Postby maz » March 16th, 2014, 12:08 pm

In the mid 50's until 60's, blues and rock guitarists have discovered distorted sound by using special designed speakers, overdriven tube amplifiers, and all the stuff available at this time, the distortion was born. In guitar/bass speaking language, simply said distortion is the alteration of the original wave (clipped wave), produced by a musical instrument.

Nowadays, most of the time, on many pedal circuits we can see a pair of diodes, leds or transistors to get distortion, fuzz or overdrive, or sometimes, some peoples are using one of the internal diodes found in some fets (field-effect transistor). Even if we can actually find a wide range of distortion, fuzz and overdrive pedals in the industry, some with a vacuum tube giving this old true warm dirty sound, other simple or complex designed on a circuit board with electronic parts, some crunchy while other fuzzy, and even if each of them has its own color and unique tone, the development of the distortion technology is not yet complete and many new discoveries are coming, doitfuzz.com is born :D

You are welcome to post any comment!
All together, bigger we can be!
maz
Site Admin

Re: From where comes the distortion?

Postby bugs » April 24th, 2014, 7:50 pm

It comes from my brain :mrgreen:
my head is blown
bugs

Postby mike » April 27th, 2014, 11:31 am

you distorted brain have enough to clip :twisted:
Mike - DoitFuzz.com Supporter :)
mike
DIF Supporter
DIF Supporter

Postby bugs » May 5th, 2014, 1:30 am

mike wrote:you distorted brain have enough to clip :twisted:

no much hair to clip :lol:
my head is blown
bugs

Postby backslash » May 6th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Seems to come from old low-fidelity amplifiers indeed, but what is the very first distortion stompbox??
backslash

Postby badfuzz » May 22nd, 2014, 1:59 pm

backslash wrote:Seems to come from old low-fidelity amplifiers indeed, but what is the very first distortion stompbox??

I agree, but this was just the beginning. Many distortion boxes has come after for making this world a kind of bit better :mrgreen: I think Roger Mayer invented the fuzz box, an earliest form of distortion pedal.
badfuzz
new comer

Return to General Discussions